Thursday, March 7, 2013

Genetics and Punnett Squares

This week in Biology we have been involved in learning about Punnett Squares. In the beginning I thought I would have trouble with the punnett squares because I had trouble in eigth grade with them so i was dreading it, but they've became really easy for me. I've learned how to do mono-hybrids and die-hybrids, which are really easy. I also learned how to cross x linked genes, and what homozygous and heterozygous traits are. The only thing I had trouble with was trying to figure out how to set up the punnett squares, and doing the co-dominance traits.  



 THIS PICTURE IS A EXAMPLE OF A PUNNETT SQUARE. THIS IS ABOUT A BLACK AND WHITE COW. BB AND BW MEANS THAT THE COW IS BLACK, AND WW MEANS THAT IT IS WHITE. THERE'S A 75% CHANCE IT WILL BE BLACK, AND 25% IT WILL BE WHITE.



  http://vital.cs.ohiou.edu/steamwebsite/downloads/FurryFamily.swf       <-------This website allows you to create your own bunny family, and it helps you learn how to fill out a punnett square. By filling out the punnett squares you create a bunny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment